- 2 (7-inch) pitas
- 1 big garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2/3 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2 cups packaged salad greens or arugula
- 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- a few finesly shredded basil leaves
- Italian prosciutto (optional), torn into pieces
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Preaheat oven to 475 degrees F.
Place pitas on a baking sheet. Squeeze the garlic and mix with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Brush each pita with the garlic oil. Sprinkle each pita with cheese, and top with onion. Bake at 475° for 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cheese is bubbly.
While pitas bake, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a salad bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in tomatoes, olives, and basil. Add salad greens, prosciutto, and toss gently to coat.
Place 1 pita on each plate, top with 1 cup salad. Serve immediately.